« Home | Quote of Day » | Don't Give Up! » | Being in a Band for Dummies » 

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

Here are 10 things you may have not learned in school that were recently passed down to me that I wanted to share with you. This column will be written on a regular basis and I urge you to send me your questions about anything pertaining to music and the business of music. I will pick a couple each month to answer.  I do get a lot of email and will do my very best to get back to all of you.



1. Life is not fair-get used to it.



2. The world won't care about your self-esteem. Theworld will expect you to accomplish something beforeyou feel good about yourself.



3. You will not make 40k dollars a year right out ofhigh school. You won't be a vice president with anexpense account until you earn both.



4.If you think your teacher is tough, wait till youget a boss. He doesn't have tenure.




5. Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Yourgrandparents had a different word for flippingburgers-they called it opportunity.



6. If you mess up it's not your parents fault.



7. Your school may have done away with winners andlosers but life has not.




8. Life is not divided by semesters. You don't getsummers off and few employers are interested inhelping you find yourself.



9. Television is not real life. In real life peoplehave to leave the coffee shop and get to work.



10. Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end upworking of one.  


About me

  • 818-745-1033 - Lets Talk
  • Testimonials
  • Press
  • My profile